Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pillow case dress and other things


Hey there!

Sitting here missing my husband so much. While he is off building houses in Guatamala. So I am trying to make sure that I fill up all my time so that I will not have time to think about how much I am missing him or how much I wish that I was there. Yesterday I filled my time by going to the post office and getting my tires changed and now I will share this project with you...


This is a pillow case dress. I literally took a pillowcase and cut off the closed end. Once the end was cut off I cut up the sides to make it less boxy looking and a little more A lined and re-sewed the sides. I used a tank top of my daughters to get the arm holes right and just trimmed them up to match. Then I folded all the raw edges over and hemmed them. I took the top front and top back and made a half inch casing so that I could put a tie through it. I also took a strip of t-shirt material and made a long stitch through it and gathered it up to make a ruffle and sewed it to the front of the dress.

I just love this idea. It is such a beautiful pillow case with such beautiful embroidery on the front. There are so many beautiful vintage pillow cases that could be made into something great like little girls dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment