Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mending and fixing and other boring stuff

All it seems that I have done lately is fix and mend clothes...fixing holes in pants, mending a fallen hem here or a small tear there. Nothing really exciting really. I was a little disappointed when the beautiful pink dress I had already fixed for Emilia in a previous posting came out of the wash with pen stains on it. So now I need to make more yo-yo's to cover those stains too. I am going to have to find more fabric to make more...bah. I spent so much time fixing this dress for Emilia where the elastic was stretched out...it did not work out how I had planned...I think I will have to add something else to cover up the top maybe a ruffle or something. We will see how things turn out, but I just can't call them finished until I am happy with them.

This is the dress with the blue ink spots...she only got to wear it once. Not sure exactly what I will do yet as the spots seem to be strategically placed in the front...if you know what I mean. I might need to do a giant ruffle, or maybe two ruffles. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment