Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Flower Hair Accessories

Good morning everyone!

This morning I thought that I would share this project with you. Some beautiful flowers turned into hair accessories for your special little girl...or for yourself maybe.
First take your flower stems and pull the flower heads off. I used some small hydrangea flowers. With larger flowers you may need to pull the entire flower apart to use only the sections you want.




Then I cut out two circles of felt and in one of the circles I cut two slits. Sorry, it is kind of hard to see in the picture but you want to cut two vertical lines just a little bit apart. Making these cuts will allow you to add the flower accessory to a clip or headband.


For larger flowers you will want to hot glue your largest petal piece first to the solid piece of felt and layer the pieces going smaller as you go...be sure not to burn yourself on the hot glue gun, it hurts...I know first hand. :P With your small flowers you can glue one at a time to the solid piece of felt, grouping them together. Once you have a grouping you like then glue on the slotted piece of felt making sure you only glue the outside leaving the center unglued so you can add your accessory of choice.


Add a jewel to the center.


Here are two of the hydrangea clips I made. Sorry that the pictures are so blurry.


Now you can add your flower to a headband just by putting the end through the slotted part of the bottom.



Or you can add it to a clip so that you can clip it where you want...isn't my girl such a little ham!

No comments:

Post a Comment