Friday, April 30, 2010

Denim Ruffle Purse

Good morning!

I thought that you might enjoy seeing the ruffle purse that I am making. Of course it is made with denim and I am falling in love with it. I haven't quite finished it yet but you can't really tell from the picture. All the ruffle gluing is taking longer than I thought. Why is it that when you dream these things up in your head they seem so easy. Just a little cut here and a little glue there, so simple right. It is fairly simple actually, just took a little more time than I thought.


Here is how it looked before I started. Well, to be honest, I had already started to paint the sides and then I realized that I hadn't taken the before picture. That is way too much silver!



Now paint, paint, paint all the sides that aren't going to be covered with the denim.


Now cut, cut, cut all your strips into 2" wide pieces. Bye, bye blue jeans.


Glue all the strips to the purse with a hot glue gun and scrunch as you go along. There it is! A beautiful ruffled jean purse!

No comments:

Post a Comment